We offer excellent customer service including hardware assistance + installation help. Good luck, and call us if you need anything.
A How to Guide to Installing your Device.
Watch this video for easy instruction.
- Philips Screwdriver
- Cleaning Solvent
- Screw Gun
- 2 Screws
- Exterior Silicon Caulking
- Smarthawk Bracket
- Smarthawk Device (includes 4 AA lithium batteries)
- 4 Philips Screws (taped to bracket and used to connect Smarthawk unit to bracket)
- 3M Double-side Adhesive Tape
Steps to Installation
Locate the place on the asset in which you want to attach the SmartHawk.
Dry the surface area.
Remove the tape from the back of the bracket.
Press the bracket firmly down on the asset.
Turn the unit “On”. It must be in plain view of the SKY when being turned “On”.
Place the unit with the battery compartment facing the sky in the bracket.
Screw in the 4 Philips screws to connect the unit to the bracket. Hand tighten.
The install is now complete!
Clean the surface area.
Find and mark the rib location on the top of the trailer to ensure good connection.
If ambient temperature is cold, warm the surface area and tape.
Drill 2 screws or apply 2 rivets to secure the bracket to the asset.
Apply a bead of silicone around the bracket. This is for extra wind shear protection.
Gently squeeze down on the unit till the silicone is compressed.
Wipe any excess silicone off the sides of the unit.
- Automate Yard Checks
- Increase Trailer Utilization
- Get Better Visibility of your Assets
- Reduce Dwell + Detention
- Increase Revenue for Customer Detained Equipment
- Get Better Operational Efficiency
- Reduce Number of New Trailers Purchased
- Reduce overall costs + Improve your Business’s Bottom-line
Learn More About Asset Tracking Solutions...